Monday, March 30, 2009

Insanity is...

...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different end result.

or something to that effect.

IN my case, approaching weight loss the same way as I have in the last 20 years and expecting to lose to my goal weight.
Not going to happen.
I exercise, the same run/walk combo that I do, maybe twice a week, elliptical twice a week, rarely more than 45 min and free weights, once a week, if that. Yoga sporadically.
Needed to lose weight is atleast 60min 6 days a week, free weight twice a week and yoga twice a week. Calculate the calories burnt difference, its enormous.

More than that is the diet factor. Needed is a daily log in of what I eat , portion control, more fruits and veggies, less processed foods, thats all.
What I do is no food log, as many servings of as big portions as I want, not more than half a serving of fruit in a day- thats my banana with the morning oatmeal, atleast one serving of some processed food everyday- it just happens!

And my general health- 27th march 2008 I was laid down due to bad allergies, it happened AGAIn this year, same day. And what have I done to help with that? Nothing. My doctor told me last year to start taking the anti-allergic meds before the season starts. I started this past thurs when I was in the worst shape in a long time. Now the cetrizine, which I will take for the next 2 weeks continuosly will make me tired and fatigued, I wont be able to do my daily exercise and that will make me irritable , so I will eat more and the whole cycle will start again.

OK, lets be positive. Steps to take to avoid all this:

-Start a daily log. And I will do it on this blog, I was previously doing it at fitday.com, but then lost the habit. So everyday, each bite, write it down.

-Do the elliptical at home for the next 2 weeks except for the LSD. And try and do it in the moring so can fit in 60 min instead of 40.

-Take the anti-allergic meds as prescribed, dont miss and look into either thise shots or something-anything to make myself feel better.

Be proactive for once!!

No comments: