Monday, March 23, 2009

LSD 9.87miles

Done as in preparation for the MAy 3rd half-marathon, for which I havent signed up yet.

But today was lovely. I started out- can you visualise this- a chubby woman, wearing an orange T-shirt covered by a black jacket, black capris, khaki cap, shocking pink IPOD, white shoes and a big smile. Because it was so sunny, even tho cold, sunny and nice. And thanks to GB , for the first time in my life I had music as company for the run.
ANd the songs- I must be the only person who ran to' Are u lonesome tonite?' All the songs were the slow romantic kind, which the average runner would use to sleep, but they worked perfectly for me. ABBA, and other oldie goldies, and after a long time I managed to listen to each word and enjoy it.

Had planned to run 10.5m, but on returning realised it was only 9.87miles, but I am OK with it. VEry tired at the end. And the pace still comes out to be 15minmile, which I wont crib about, because atleast I did it.

OK, so I ran about 10 miles, and @ 80cal/mile, used up 800 calories. At home I ate 2 pieces of bread, a scrambled egg, some tea, some hummus, and pre-run I had eaten a bowl of cheerios with a cup of milk and half a banana. What I am trying to point out is, that this is precisely why only exercise does not get the weight off. The calories I took in could not be used up even after running 10 miles!!

ANd whats up with those Ciff bars- tried the chocolate kind- sorry do not like it, its dry, hard to chew, tough, and does not look good at all. Lets just agree to disagree on this one.

No comments: