Sunday, May 3, 2009

Short term goals

No, didnt go for the half -M.

Why not? Because it would start at 8 am which is too late and would be too hot for me. The weather on May 2nd? It was lovely with a light rain. Also had not run more than a couple of times since the last week of march.
Went for a 4 mile run in the morning. For the first mile kept thinking I should have gone , but by the end of the next mile it was clear that not going was actually a good idea. I was barely able to complete the 4 miles in an hour and spent the rest of the day hurting all over.
But am back on track. Today did an hour of the elliptical and some free weights. Can do wall-sit twice for 30 sec each and plank twice for 20 sec each. Am planning to build it upto 60 sec each.

Now have a short term goal. I have been invited for a graduation dinner at the end of the month and I want to look good. As per GB we should go on an extreme diet and lose 10 pounds. As per me that is next to impossible so lets concentrate on just toning up and looking good in whatever I decide to wear.

So my plan is:
R/W or Elliptical 60 min 5days a week.
Stretching , yoga, 15 min 5 days a week
Free weights, 15 min, ab exercises 5 min 3 days a week.
Lots of water, light dinners, take my thyroid and iron medications regularly.

Lets see, I think I can do this for the next 28 days.

No comments: